Thread: My Quit Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sleepsmiles

Thanks you guys. It's still very hard of course to say no and I still think about pot alot but I am just to this point that I am so over it. I don't want to be a 30's something smoker any more.

About the kids, they are getting to the age, at least the 8 year old is, that they understand more of what's going on. They still haven't directly asked me or husband what we do in the shed but I'm sure they know it is some sort of smoking. I'm expecting the 8 year old to ask more direct questions soon. I want to, when the time comes, to be able to say no I don't smoke marijuana, I used to but not any more. And actually mean it and not have to lie. This is important for me to be able to show them I'm a responsible capable parent for them no matter what.

Yes! It really feels great not to worry about the lieing any more. Plus I can't really handle it anymore, being so stoned around the kids I feel like my daughter can tell I'm acting weird lol.

How are are you handling it with the kids. Did yours ask about this type of thing yet?

I think it's terrible that rec marijuana was passed here (oregon). It's not good for society and now it's getting dirt cheap here! Really cheap to just go buy whenever.

I hate weed!

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
Good for you! I'm impressed too!
So I assume that since you sneak off to the shed (or used to) to smoke weed that you were hiding it from your kids?
I hated that part of smoking. The dishonesty of it all. Doesn't it feel great to not have to do that anymore?