View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Sunflower, You are having a bad day and your friend should have supported you. Maybe she just didn't pick up on it. I can see how that just added to your bad feelings. A friend just talking about herself is not a friend. I used to have one like that, she was lovely but always turned things back to her. Like you I could tolerate it MOST of the time. Today is not one of those days for you. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You can't help the blooming snow, or the demanding kids. I hope you get to that movie tonight. Big hugs. xxx
Thank you so much, this means so much- I think it has taken me some time to actually see this side of her. Like literally, I am just noticing how self centered she is. The conversation ALWAYS goes back to her and her life and today all she talked about was her life and her kids and her feelings etc. I don't want this to be who she is but I'm starting to see a pattern. Just last week I told her I thought my marriage was over and I thought she would spend some time helping me process it but instead she turned it around within a minute to talk about herself and her husband (who she is in a loving marriage with.) Ugh.