View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jotick

Originally Posted by SurvivorK View Post
Thank you for listening... I celebrated 6 years sober on December 27, 2016. And thought to myself, maybe I’ve outgrown my struggles and why I used alcohol previously. So I began to drink that January 2017. Throughout these last 15 mos, I’ve tried off and on. To no avail. The longest I’ve stayed sober is about 60 days, 3 times. I relapsed this last time a week ago. It was absolute hell, at work, no one knew, but I am so ashamed and I’m telling you. I have been sober a week now. Struggling with anxiety and depression. Want to drink... but going to meetings. I am looking for inspiration and hope that I can do this again and this feeling gets better and Hope that I am capable. Feel so alone and this is my truly the last time I can call on friends to help me. Any advice to stay the course and ways you made it through these days and felt the same. For some reason at 60 days my mind rethinks itself. I want more time sober again. And anyone thinking of trying again, don’t do it, it’s true. It only gets worse and you go right back to your original drinking place. Thank you again, Anything you say will help. 💕
This is my first time attempting abstinence (6th day today) so I salute you on the 6 years. That’s amazing and shows you can definitely do this. A quote I heard earlier really stuck with me “there are two things in life I can’t have, drink and drugs, what I can have without them is infinite”
Wish you all the best on your journey