View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I hope you heal soon, Kris. Prayers

Kenton- doors? Last year, earlier- I had to go to a large branch of my bank in the city. It had one of those revolving circular doors that moves slowly- you wait for the space, then follow. My brain was quite fried then. I pushed against the door, as it was stuck. No result, so I kept pushing until I got through. I mentioned to the guy at the front desk it seemed to be broken...he told me that was because I was going through it the opposite way.

Gabe- too well I know the feelings of dread that shadow me. The low esteem, fight/flight..KNOWING something is wrong when there is not. It comes in waves, which I how I try to visualise it in my mind's eye. I am a rock in the sea. The waves wash over me- but eventually recede- and I am still there. Keep at it, they do lessen with time.

Gabe- I hope your new job brings you peace.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EFRA!

To each and all, support to you. Booze makes everything worse. It is hard work and the rewards are slow in coming, no instant gratification as with drinking. Sometimes it seems that doing the right thing, staying sober and working hard makes no difference....at the moment..but in the big picture life does change for the better.
More good advice and friendship. Thanks, PJ.