View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sketscher

Brammy

I can imagne how hard it must be to have this kind of pressure. I had a very good, though short lived, relationship w/ my xabf's family. When he ditched me (after his hit and run accident) I spoke very candidly w/his mom. It's natural I suppose for parents and siblings to be in denial. I had the chance to tell his mom what had happened and how I feared for his physical well being. I told her to take notice of his eyes next time she saw him for they looked yellow to me and that his cholesterol was very low (sign of alcohol abuse I've read). But she only seemed to search for other excuses instead of being concerned. And she insisted that he was in love with me. At the time that was comforting but the family also hoped his love for me would encourage him to stop drinking. They felt I made him happy (which was true for a short time I guess). But we all know the bottom line is that the A needs to reach his bottom on his own. We can all sit and analyze and hope and pray and it's just not going to happen unless we let go and let God.