View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
do you not 'keep' to your Big Plan?
Recognizing the Addictive Voice is something that people “keep to” doing, it’s a progression of thoughts and feelings. But that’s not the case with a Big Plan.

A Big Plan removes any future choices about drinking again, and quickly institutes a simple thought reflex, not too different from avoiding the hot orange circle on the stove top. I don’t have to “keep to” not putting my hand on the orange part of the stovetop. (Or, for that matter, on the shapely derrière of that woman standing next to me on the crowded bus.) I just don’t ever do it. The “never drink/drug” has created a new neurological super-fast shut down switch.

And a Big Plan significantly shortens the amount of time one might need to “keep to” practicing Addictive Voice Recognition Technique on any particular occasion when the idea of drinking some more may be presented or thought about.

The Big Plan eliminates “keeping to” any type of decision making such as, “I wonder how long I will be happy with not drinking anything.” “Is it possible to be sober with one drink on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only? I think that would make me happy.”