View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
August252015

I started AA and took it a thousand percent seriously. Meetings- almost the 90 in 90 often suggested- and getting a sponsor and working my program took a lot of my time.

I also had a LOT to heal from, given the obscene damage I had done to my body, so I slept a lot (I didn't work for about the first 5 wks of my sobriety) and took it easy catching up on DVR and Netflix, I read tons of memoirs and books on recovery as my concentration returned.

As I healed, going into the summer of 2016 (I am just past 2 yrs now) I started exercising, with half mile runs at a time, up to a 5K by Dec then a 5K each month of 2017 with my then bf/fiance. This year, my now husband and I are doing a different exercise activity together each month- so far we've done roller skating, a 5K (him)/15K (me) and indoor rock climbing. I also started hot yoga about six months ago and do 60-90 min 5-6x a week.

We volunteer quarterly for a charity dear to my heart. i lead a nonAA/nonNA recovery group for the restaurant industry I am a part of and which is RIFE with addiction.

I/WE.......

All of this is predicated on my AA program. I still do 4-5 meetings a week, about 45 min of recovery work (reading the BB, coming on SR) and spiritual work (devotionals etc) every morning.

I can do anything now that I'm sober. First I had to heal and stay busy....now I get to live.

Best to you.