View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
He's asked what I need from him to start healing. I've told him. I think I clearly say what I need, he always has a different take on it. Watching him these past few months, at times he seems slow. Like he needs more time to react, to put things together. In a nut shell, he seems genuinely confused.
Sorry you are having such a hard time, hope the migraine eases up really quickly.

Truthfully it could be either, could be selfish, could be genuine misunderstanding.

You mentioned in your post a couple of months ago that when he got sober it seemed like you were dealing with a teenager.

After so many years of using alcohol to cope, to numb feelings etc etc he might just be genuinely confused.

The truth is, he can't help you right now. He is obviously not "getting it" for whatever reason. You asked him to move in with family for a while and he hasn't. You have explained to him that you can't do the long drive thing with him, yet he asks or assumes you will.

Whether that's from misunderstanding, selfishness or him just wanting things to carry on as normal because that is what he would like, the end result is you laying in bed with a migraine.

What can you do to change that.