View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wamama48

Is expecting anything from him too much?

He seems genuinely confused even though I am very clear. He's been sober 2 1/2 mo. Going to AA and looks forward to his meetings.

I haven't been able to be in the same room with him for 3 months. I get panicky feeling and need to get away. He can't drive, so I do all the driving. I do ok when we are in the car for short trips. He has been good at staying home and just giving me a list to go get what he needs. Long trips are not possible. I feel trapped, I get massive migraines from the tension.

He is supposed to help our daughter fix her bathroom. She is paying him too. He was supposed to ride from our house to hers (1 1/2 hour drive) last weekend but he had to reschedule for whatever reason. He tried to find someone to drive him to her house today. No luck, so he assumed I would be ok to do it.

He knows my issue. We need the money our daughter will be paying him to make it through the rest of the month, so I agreed to try. Couldn't do it, just the thought of it, and Im bed with a migraine from hell.

He's asked what I need from him to start healing. I've told him. I think I clearly say what I need, he always has a different take on it. Watching him these past few months, at times he seems slow. Like he needs more time to react, to put things together. In a nut shell, he seems genuinely confused.

After living with an alcoholic for almost 2 decades, I'm having a hard time believing he's that confused, and not just giving as little as he can get away with because he's still being selfish. Go ahead and corect me if I'm wrong. And tell me how low I should be setting my expectation bar. What should I be doing or not doing?