View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tragicoolbus

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post
Welcome tragicoolbus!
I can only tell you that I quit multiple times and that there were similarities in withdrawal-symptoms, but also differences. For instances, on my last quitting attempt (some year ago) I had night sweats too, but this time (nine weeks and counting) I haven't had any.
Good luck with the symptoms, they will vanish!
Hi, thanks for the response! I read a few of your threads earlier That’s interesting that you had different withdrawal symptoms for different quits. I quit when I was pregnant with my kid a few years ago and don’t remember any physical issues at all, but I wasn’t a nightly smoker then like I eventually became, whoops. I do have such bad insomnia anyway though, I couldn’t tell you if I’m getting that side effect or not! I was having tons of trouble sleeping before I quit too.

I do feel really fortunate that I finally got to an undivided decision about quitting, because I’m not sure how long I would have kept smoking if I hadn’t (probably as long as I could plausibly hide it from my child, oof). I think a lot of my motivation came from getting more involved in my Native (American) community where there is a huge push for sobriety since there are so many substance abuse problems. And since my people didn’t use any drugs pre-colonization, sobriety is a return to tradition. (I’ve given up alcohol too, which is a super small deal for me but I know is going to be a bigger deal socially, which is funny.) I had to ask myself how I could help my community while I was still relying on a substance, and the only answer is that I can’t.

And congrats on your nine weeks, that’s great!! That Coke machine better stay knocked-over... or whatever the proper metaphor is.