View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tragicoolbus

New quit, physical withdrawal

Hi guys, I’m new! I decided to quit weed for good at the end of last month after several months of debating it. I finally reached the point where I was fed up with how much time I spent thinking about weed and can honestly say I don’t enjoy the way my brain feels on THC anymore. So I woke up one morning, decided I was done, told my husband for accountability, and have not had the desire to smoke since.

HOWEVER, I am getting crazy withdrawal symptoms. I’ve looked up these symptoms online so I know I’m not alone: excessive sweating (hands/feet/pits), intermittent high BP, chills/hot flashes/fevery feelings. None of these are accompanied by cravings (we still keep weed in the house and I havent even thought about seeking it out) but they’re still driving me nuts! Last year I took my first tolerance break for more than three days and less than two weeks in got these same symptoms—part of the reason I’d been considering quitting! I don’t like being dependent.

I also know from my internet research (and my husband, haha—he took that t-break last year too and was fine) that not everyone gets these physical symptoms and it seems like people who don’t get them are very skeptical that they’re legit. I’ve had a hard time finding advice or support for them so I thought I’d ask here if anyone has any words of advice or encouragement to get through them?? Any experiences to share? I’m trying to get regular exercise (I jog) which I think is helping, but our weather has been bad so I’ve missed the last few days and I think that’s making things worse...