View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
FireSprite....I understand how it hurts more than anything else....Of course, it does. The relationships from the bonding of our early developing years go deeper into our make-up than any others. They were our foundation, upon which, everything else is built. Many aspects of our adult relationships are an outflow from our early formation....and the relationships with our early caregivers.
A marriage is a voluntary relationship....our FOO relationships are not..... No comparison (in my opinion)....

I have heard the saying that "We don't really grow up until we have gotten past the damage that our parents did to us".....
Exactly dandy - 100%. It does hurt FAR more to not be liked or truly loved by my mother & it makes me SO sad because I have the exact opposite relationship with my own daughter. You can't walk away from & replace FOO relationships - you just get left with scars covering the emptiness left behind.

HOWEVER - if it has to be this way for me to break the cycle for DD, then I'll bear the brunt of this pain every day. That's my silver lining, that's what I focus on.