Thread: New to SR
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by Newway7 View Post
I wonder, as an addict, was I trying to create a right of passage for myself? Digging myself into a hole so deep so that I would later have to fight my way out? I had in fact created a constant battle of survival, tucked away within a life full of food water and shelter. Maybe it is human nature? Maybe my spirit craved to earn this life it was given. Maybe addicts, are really just lost warriors trying to find their way in this modern world.
Hi, Newway, your post resonated with me. I was blessed with an easy life, then a struggling life; then I found alcohol quelled the troublesome thoughts. But instead of rising and fighting as a warrior soul, I was defeated, and consequently drank more and more. Drank myself into a veritable pit of despair.

Then, at a low ebb, I found the fight to rise once more and please believe me, my life is amazing now. Was it worth losing years over? Possibly, because I have clarity, vibrancy, joy over the smallest of things (raindrops, frost, bird song, dog licks, laughter, smiles, hugs) all of which I’d taken for granted and previously ignored.