View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
kenton

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky Balboa

6:20am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Another 24 for me please, and thanks...
Oh wow! I LOVE this. I've always secretly wanted to be Rocky Balboa which is strange because I'm a small English woman with zero combat training or skills. But there's something about this quote that makes me want to listen to 'Gonna Fly Now', run up some steps, lift my dog when I get to the top and just smash the hell out of my day. I think I'm gonna do it.... not lift my dog, obvs.... he's huge... I don't think even Rocky Balboa could lift that lazy labrador. But I think I'm going to run up some steps and keep moving forward...no matter how hard life hits me or how many times it knocks me down.

Thanks so much for posting Abcowboy and congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxx