Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Maxjm

Originally Posted by tiredwoman View Post
I've been clean for 43 days. It's not easy but I really am grateful for all the positives that have come out of sobriety. And today, I need to remind myself of those positives. Friday today and my housemates are already making their plans for tonight. We had mid semester exams this week and most of us are done. So now it's playtime (which means drinking until you black out for most around here).

I gotta say, I'm kind of envious (I know, I know!). But I'm reminding myself of everything I have gained from sobriety. And how hard I have worked over these 43 days and how I shouldn't mess that up over one night.

So I made a list of why I am grateful to be sober. Here are some of the reasons:

- improved grades at university
- no self-loathing and shame
- no constant mental torture as I think about "how I went wrong."
- reengaging with hobbies and passions I discarded because of booze
- being healthier
- putting my parents' minds and hearts at ease
-no drama from the night before
-no putting myself in undesirable and dangerous positions
- no dreading to check my bank balance after I pillaged my funds the night before
-feeling happy and optimistic again
-feeling human again

This are just some for me. What about you guys? x
I'm grateful that being brought up by a family of alcoholics some dead, ill, in prison, I have the strength to break the cycle . I can live a normal life without the poison .
I'm grateful I still have a good job and can do it better sober.
I'm grateful I am still healthy and not looking like some of my poor family destroyed by booze.
I'm grateful that I don't want to drink today.
I found this group.
My partner has stuck by me and now I can give back all he truly deserves.
So many reasons like you. Keep going find a new reason everyday. 😊