Old 03-09-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
AlericB

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
I don't know what all the Freedom Model entails, but if " so there will be no conflicting voice telling you otherwise." is a logical conclusion to draw from their reasoning, i would suggest testing this theory with a shifting exercise from AVRT.
Get a bottle of your favorite, pour a glass and hold it, and then 'listen'.
The AV doesn't need to be nonexistent to be ignored.
That is a valid test I agree. Putting my money where my mouth is I've just tried it with a glass of wine, for a couple of minutes at just past 6am. Apart from a feeling of déjà vu lol I was certainly aware of the possibility that I could drink if I wanted to and actually felt quite a lot of desire to do so. But I also had the feeling that I didn't want to and go back to how I was. Was that AV? I don't know. All I'll say is that I didn't experience the desire and the possibility as something that I had to consciously dismiss and I didn't feel I had to make any particular effort to stop myself drinking. I felt quite happy, that word again!, because all these feelings seemed subservient to the feeling or decision that I just didn't want to drink again.

Still, I felt a sense of relief afterwards. Perhaps that was AV!