View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lessgravity

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
So many threads about people craving, and feeling weak. Indeed, I am right there. I am in the midst of a nice string of sobriety, but Friday’s are hard. Right around this time in Friday’s I would normally be at a bar with colleagues, downing scotches like they were water. Then off to a big dinner with my wife and yet more drinks and then wine.

Then Saturday morning. I’d Wake up at 1 am in a panic. Heart pounding. Mind racing with anxiety. Sleeping on and off until about 7 am waking several times with adrenaline pumping through my body.

I’d feel like hell. So no later than 11 am I would be at a local restaurant bar for “brunch.” It would invariably consist of scotch to “take the edge off.” And then I would be off for at least several days of heavy drinking.

On second thought. My Friday’s these days are much better. Yep, right now I am at a Starbucks reading my sponsor’s assignment from the Big Book. I’ll wake up fresh tomorrow. Go to a meeting. And really enjoy my weekend, despite my stepdaughter and mother-in-Law!
To me those nights we used to have, yours sound very similar to mine, that would turn into days of drinking, getting sick, drinking - in reality they were horrible. That pang and urge you have is false and will pass. As you know. Sober life is so much better.