View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

Nitabug, I know you are frustrated and confused with your boyfriend and with some of what you have been hearing and learning here. Unfortunately, life stays frustrating and confusing the longer you allow an addict to remain in your circle. And it only gets worse. I'm so sorry you are having this experience. I'm so sorry all of us here have had that same experience. It sucks.

I hear a lot of "what ifs" in your last post. That's called "future tripping" and it will drive you insane. It is all consuming to constantly be reacting to things in your mind that haven't even happened and likely never will. Not every scenario you spoke of could happen, right? Individually yes they COULD, but certainly not all of them... yet you are consuming yourself worrying about ALL of it when probably NONE of it has happened.

Most likely he is out there drinking his face off like drunks do and he doesn't want to deal with you or his parents... Or maybe his phone died and he hasn't been responsible enough nor even wanted to charge it.

Bad things do happen, all the time, to everybody. We can't spend every moment in fear of these things or we would be paralized with that fear, never living our lives to the fullest.

Some of the best advice I ever gt was: "Deal with what IS, not what IF"

Breathe. Deep breaths.

Hugs