View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
golfreggie

Originally Posted by Maxjm View Post
Thank you for the Advice and comments.
Like I said in my post I seriously want to stop drinking. I just thought cutting down to once a week was a good start as to not risking relapse. But I hear you and maybe I'm fooling myself Its difficult to imagine that I could never drink again!
I am going to try to avoid drinking wine this Saturday evening. Thanks for your support.
Just a thought after reading your post, I don't think it is possible to relapse from "moderation". Moderation suggests partaking, maybe increasing the interval until you find yourself realizing you don't need it, huh? I have found that for me, just the thought of trying to moderate is proof enough to me that "I have a problem". I saw my bottom before hitting it and the thought came to me that my next drink would kill me. For me, when drinking ceased to be "inconvenient" and truly became "fatal", I committed in my heart of hearts that I was alcoholic and my life had become unmanageable. I suddenly listened, and started to try the suggestions that I heard and read. 27-1/2 years later, I still do it the same way. "God help me not to drink today, help me to become the man you want me to be, and thank you for helping me to be a sober man today. Help me to be of service to others, and to realize that with your help, I can truly live this day without alcohol or drugs." God bless you as you walk thru your life and find what life has in store for you. I am encouraged that you are at least on this forum. Perhaps someone will personally come in to your life and offer his experience, strength and hope and you will want what he has and become willing to go to any length to get it. God bless