Thread: Toast.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zanna

Toast.

Now the snow is finally melting, I've just been sitting here thinking. Asda (0wned by Walmart - same thing, different country) braved the elements and delivered my groceries today. I live in a cul-de-sac with (obviously) no passing traffic to squash the snow. Personally, I would have taken one look at it and thought ' no way', but the Asda driver drove up with a grin on his face
The bread I had was amazing - hadn't had any for 6 days as where I live it's a mile down a steep hill to the nearest shops and even buses and taxis won;t risk it in the snow.

Point of this rambling post is - it's the little things you notice after a while off the booze. I started by thinking ' Jeez what a mess I would have been in this week, if I still craved alcohol' - from there I got to thinking about taste buds ( I KNOW bear with me ) - My tastebuds are back to normal - everything has tasted so amazing since the first month went by. I always used to wonder why my stomach hurt so often - it was probably the HUGE amounts of peppers, salt, curry etc, I put into meals just to 'taste' them! Yeah, we wreck our taste mechanisms with booze too)

The toast I had today was amazing - it's little things - normal things, you notice when you quit the drink.

Content and happy - all because of feeling ' normal' again