Old 03-04-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post

I have spent the last week not talking to a single person. I really don't know when this happened. I used to be so busy, in fact I didn't get enough time to myself. I just don't know how I ended up so alone.

I am too old the start afresh but I have to do. Thank you all for being here. I should be celebrating 2 months today but I feel I will never break free from the past. I read all the things that says the past shouldn't define you, but I think it does. What
Juliet, so many of us here (and in AA if you ever choose to go) can relate to what you're sharing here. So many times I've heard, "the good thing about sobriety? You get your emotions back. The bad thing about sobriety? You get your emotions back!" At the moment the emotions causing you tears are negative emotions (shame, fear, resentments - they all bring their share of those our way). But you know, when we stick at this we start to get to feel joy as well. I have felt such joy over seemingly little things that I have actually wept with joy and gratitude. Something I would never imagine could happen.

Why not try some meetings. Just give it a month. At least that way you'll have a chance to learn new and better ways of dealing with those emotions, and it definitely helps us to not isolate. A LOT.

Keep at it. It does get better, it can just take a little while.

BB