View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Good Morning friends! Haven't posted again in awhile but you all are still in my thoughts regularly. Congrats to all milestoners and those staying sober, and many positive thoughts to those struggling.

I have my buddy's wedding that I'm a groomsmen in all day tomorrow. I won't know anybody except the bride and groom, and of course they will be busy all day, so I'll be pretty much alone. My girlfriend didn't want to go as my +1 because she doesn't get along with them (kind of petty when I asked her to go, but oh well).

My best friend in any and all social situations was booze. They are going to have kegs of beer and free wine throughout the day and my social anxiety is going to make it very difficult to not drink so I feel like I "fit in." Just to ease the anxiety of being around so many strangers and being in a role that people look to is enough to make me want to drink.

I see this as another challenge on my path to sobriety and I love to overcome challenges. Recognize the triggers and difficulties and I'll have a plan for when I get there.

Take care all, stay safe, much love!
You have my number love.....you can text, we can talk.....if you want to that is.....we will all be with you....this stuff can be hard indeed. And I'm not very happy that your gf left you to go by yourself....

The basics will help.....make yourself eat before you go in the morning and perhaps take some soda or something for you to drink. And soda is filling....hard to crave a beer after a couple of cokes or whatever....

Really glad you posted.....we have missed you.
Sending you love.