View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

How could I forget the well-deserved snark of the cashiers who had their hands tied, but had big enough mouths that they couldn't let it go.

And, I guess I get it.

One time, I had my son and his friend with. I was not drunk (yet). I was careful when driving him and never drove drunk with him. Wow. I deserve mom of the year. NOT. but, news came that they had a snowday the next day. I was watching the other kid for a fellow deadbeat mom (I have to say I was highly functioning and very protective of my kid--I know that seems off, but it's true).

Anyway, I was out in an awful snowstorm (was on the way home and 2 min from home). The clerk (who knew me and hated me for all my buying) was so annoyed, like usual, and said, "OH DO THEY HAVE SCHOOL OFF TOMORROW?" Really rudely. I mean, it didn't make sense since I'd be drinking and buying regardless of their schedule. She wanted to say something about buying cheap vodka while caring for two kids and that's the closest thing, I guess, she could shame me with. it did work. I felt guilty til I got that first glug down, i suppose.