Old 02-28-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JamesSquire

Hereditary or is that just another excuse?

Didn't want to hijack another thread but it seems to me that I'm not alone where my drinking is out of control when I drink by myself.

Maybe it's boredom?

I seem to have more control and even abstinence when I'm in a group. Even when in a group of drinkers .

I'm always assumed as the designated driver but no sooner I get home I'm having a wine.

Now my brother has lost his license again so much so he has been ordered by the courts to go to therapy and when he eventually he gets his license he'll have to have a breathalyzer fitted to his vehicle. I saw him yesterday, I felt so sad, he hardly got any teeth, looks 20 years older than he should and still drinking. He's 4 years younger than me. I can't help him as he still thinks he can control this.

I have read that alcoholism can be genetic. My daughter drinks with her friends and has had several blackouts, lately. I'm really scared for her and I've had a talk to her.

I don't remember my father drinking much and my mother never drank at all. But apparently it can skip generations.

I'm trying to make today my first day again. I've got a new plan.

Thanks all for listening and the comments help.

JS