Thread: I Need a Plan
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Rungirl2018

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
As Hawkeye has already said above, that’s a great attitude. If you haven’t already done so, google urge surfing. It sounds like you have already developed your own method to practice it.
In any case, over the next few days, take note of when you feel the urge to drink, so that you can build detailed plans based on that. See what works and what doesn’t.
E.g., in early recovery, for me it was simply substituting sugar for alcohol. When I felt a craving for a drink at around 9 pm, some ice cream would fix that. After about 6 six months or so, the sugar cravings went away and my ice cream consumption plummeted!
On my way home from the office. I just feel so good and energetic, it’s amazinng! I think I’m gonna go home and open a regular Coke gasp. I never drink Coke, so I’m kinda of excited lol. The thought of drinking/not drinking tonight has tried to creep into my mind probably about four times today. I have immediately put up a mental block to the idea of pouring a glass of wine. It’s like I’m in denial but in reverse denial if that makes any sense. I’m going to say it again – – I am not going to drink tonight. I am a non drinker. I do not need a drink to survive. The incredible energy and mental clarity and excitement and just passion for my work and my life today is what is more important to me than that buzz. I believe this forum just might be the thing I’ve been looking for ever since I recognized that I have a problem. So many thanks