Old 02-26-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread but it kind of hurt my feelings a bit when you described my posts as "blarney."

I've always been honest in my posts here as what is the point in lying on an anonymous website? When I go to AA meetings if I feel unsafe sharing something, I remain silent. But then, again why should I?

In the AA instance, I think its because Im not sure if what is said will be really anonymous. But, I digress.

Thank you for your support and checking in as you gave some excellent advice that I will use and your check in is helping me to remain accountable. I don't want to ever lie on these forums.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings - it certainly wasn't intentional. I suppose I meant that you started by giving only half the information (like to your psychologist) which wasn't really being completely honest about the situation. And that's the nature of addictive rationalisations. It's what we do in our head, so we don't even think of it as dishonest. I rarely told out and out lies. Just kind of manouvered the truth so it was more effective at getting what I thought I needed. Often the bit of the truth that I chose to leave out because it was too uncomfortable, or would need too much of an explanation, or whatever reason I told myself was exactly the most important bit. The bit that if I faced it would lead me to getting better.

BB