Old 02-22-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

I'd not go there if you can help it. It will only upset you. Funnily enough today I called someone out on some stuff I had no actual facts for but was convinced they had done and said and discovered, to my horror, that I was right. I really wanted to be wrong. I am so sad and let down I was right I have sat crying most of the afternoon cos to know...absolutely.... how I was treated was not in my head was chilling and brought back all my feelings of worthlessness and made me go over old ground of things like why I get rejected for "better things" and why no one really wants to be with me. It took me to a very dark place I have yet to climb out of.

Fwiw my exah cheated on me with my daughter..his step daughter he'd been "dad" to since she was 2, ...which I found our after we split up but today's revelations from someone else were far worse. Exah's behaviour was par for the course. I realised today I have expectations of non alcoholics that I should not have either. Someone asked me today if I felt safe with them and my answer was no. I don't feel safe with anyone and I never will.

I'd just not go there in your head or by digging for evidence. It's hard enough recovering as it is.