View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

Congratulations on 162 days!

Sounds like a rough patch, it can be hard when we want more than another person is able to give us. One thing, I am a fixer, usually I say sorry, or smooth things over first, because I got a call one day, there had been a horrible accident and my husband got super lucky - I didn't know that racing with my kids in the backseat of my truck to the hospital. But the what if - I couldn't forgive myself if a fight went on and something happened, because there is nothing save a couple things that would ever be bad enough for him not to walk out that door knowing how much I love him, respect him and sincerely appreciate everything he does. I am OK going to bed mad, but I wake up really early to set it right.

Stress sucks! When I did my Masters, I am shocked hubby stayed with me... His sacrifices for his education become your sacrifices for his education. He won't be in school forever - unless he is like one of my in-laws who managed 5 years to get his BA and then another 5 in grad school, or my cousin who spent 20 years getting a Phd in religion, now he works as a mechanic.