View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
donewithhurting

Help me figure this out

Wife stopped drinking 4 months ago and has been gong to AA almost everyday. Her recovery was going very well.
Over the past couple of weeks i noticed her moods changing and mentioning that everyone slips at AA and she thinks many members drink occasionally but dont admit it. She has been very proud of her sobriety in all areas of her life. She really got it.

Last nigh she came home and i knew she had been drinking. It was obvious to me and she tried her best to cover it up. And that was obvious.
I kept my mouth shut. This amorning, she was acting weird and i read about what to do in these situations on a variety of sites.
So I confronted about the lying and hiding. I understand about slipping but the lying and hiding I cannot deal with.
Over the day she has flipped the script and now I am the abuser bad guy,
Everyone at her AA meeting supported her slipping as long as she came back to the meeting... and made me the bad guy.

I am pissed. So am I to assume that AA is all about slipping and being cheered for coming back and anyone who says otherwise becomes the enemy?

What am I supposed to do? I cannot take the sneaking around and lying to my face anymore.

And yes, I attend Al-Anon.