View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Originally Posted by D122y View Post

Once I quit being a drunk, I started going to the Dr. again.

It had been years. Last real check up was in the ER for a panic attack. Somehow, I made it out without being locked up for booze related analysis.

Anyway...

Now that I accept I am an addict for life I am woking to heal. I have come so so far. physically and mentally.

When i was a drunk my face and feet would swell, I had heart issues, tingling, agoraphobia etc etc.

I was speeding up my aging process.

Everything is better. I get compliments now on how I look. My relationships are all improved.

I still crave mentally, but I can defeat it because I now know all about booze and am no longer physically addicted.

I look in the mirror and smile because I see what is left of the real me and it is not terrible.
That's an amazing transformation. I hope to be there one day. You're an inspiration! I guess these things just take time as the body repairs. I am expecting things to heal quickly, but I know that isn't the case.

I am also finding it much easier to visit, and speak with the doctor. When I was a drunk I avoided the doctor because I knew any ailments I had were likely drink related. I didn't want the 3rd degree from my doc. But now I don't drink that can't happen.

I also ended up in ER for a panic attack he he. My heartbeat went nuts. I had arrhythmia for days. They hooked me up to ECG, done an echo, took bloods and released me tell me it was anxiety. There were right, it was anxiety. I was in a bad place. That was the first time I quit in september. Thank goodness I dont have that anxiety anymore.