View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Pitting Edema In Ankles :(

First let me note that I have had this for a very long time and off. As far back as 5 years ago I noticed my leg and ankles were swelling and pitting after drinking alcohol.

I'm now 11 days alcohol free. The pitting I have is only on the inside ankle. If I press the skin on my inside anklebone , or just around the bone, there is pitting that lasts about 10 second. But that is the only place where it is. It doesn't affect my foot, or my leg.

It's not even noticeable to the observer.

I do sit at the computer for long periods. I'm talking 10 hours a day some days. But, I also exercise. I lift weights, jump rope, and I walk. It's worse when I'm sat at the computer on my exercise "rest" days.

My initial thought is "heart problems" because Google. But I don't fit that criteria as I have no other symptoms. No shortness of breath. I can exercise fine.

It's a million times better than it was when I was drinking and some days I dont get it but it's been 11 days and I'm rather concerned and anxiety is kicking in now.

I have jumped rope for over 12 months. I am wondering if the rope jumping is no good for my ankles. Today I did a session and my right ankle is in so much pain in the inner ankle area. Feels like a tendon. No swelling. It's a throbbing muscular pain, I felt it as I was approaching 20 minutes jumping and had to stop.

I have booked a doctors appointment to discuss. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar since quitting?