Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BigBoy220

Hello everyone

Hi everyone. I guess this is an introduction, if it's not the right place for it I apologize. I'm 25 years old, from the Netherlands.

I joined up here because I want to quit my bad habit of binge drinking. I've read forum posts and articles but just reading seems too passive for me to change.

Six day a week I don't even think about drinking. Alcohol is not on my mind. It's when the weekend rolls around that I either get absolutely hammered with friends or at home playing games with online friends. It hasn't ruined relationships, work or anything else (thankfully) but I find myself going to the liquor store in the evening even though I told myself I would stay sober that morning and that worries me.

I quit smoking and recreational drugs a few years ago all in one go without a single problem and the fact that quitting this binge drinking is so much harder makes me dissapointed in myself.

I know my problems may not be as bad as others', but I wanted to find some support and this seems like a good place to look for it.

Thanks.