Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Took Jethro for his Pre-op appointment yesterday! He's good to go to have surgery on the 28th! He kept telling the Anesthesiologist: "Just make damned sure I'm knocked out COLD! I don't want to wakeup during surgery like I did while having Carpal tunnel surgery!" Poor guy! She reassured him he'd be out cold. He WAS told he's at the level/number 6 on the diabetic scale! Ouch! The doctor told him he better start working on losing weight now or face the consequences. Of course he did his usual bad ass comments and ignored her warnings. So on the way home? I told him it was his choice: "Continue eating and snacking like he is or stop? If he didn't stop he was going to start injections!" I left it at that! I noticed today he hasn't snacked not one time!

I'm almost giddy with the fact after his knee surgery he'll soon run out of pain meds. His doctor has cut him way back on his monthly supply. He's been slowly weaning him off them! Woot! Woot! Makes me SOOO happy! Jethro is a mean SOB when he's high from taking one. I do my best to ignore him, but it always seems he finds a reason, a way to start something with me. And then the fight is on! Ugh!

Since the last pill I found and took to him? He's been keeping them out of the house! Thank you Lord! I'm almost four years clean and don't need the temptations lying around the house.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD