Old 02-13-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
TrailMix

The past month or so has been a bit rough for me. So I am having difficulty finding happiness.

I haven't felt what I would describe as happy about anything today. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for a lot of things - just not happy.

Something I found comfort in today was reading all the various wisdom found here on SR. Never ceases to amaze me.

I will follow this thread & be more mindful to find happiness. BTW I do understand, my lack of happiness is my own fault.
Hi HL, I'm a chronic depressive and you may be experiencing some acute depression . . . . that kind of thing is definitely not your fault.

Lots of good folks here and we try to support and egg each other on but if you are in a grieving place right now that is okay too.

Tich Naht Hahn (Vietnamese monk) suggested enjoying not having a tooth ache. I can't really do that as I have good teeth but I've been blessed/cursed with several crappy encounters with men and I am single. I enjoy the heck out of these men not being in my life. I hold these guys in loving kindness and also gratitude that they aren't around. This might be a bit weird but it works for me.

Happiness today walked over to the Memory Center to visit with my Mom: gorgeous weather, made my Mom smile and laugh, her whole face lights up even though her alzheimer's is way advanced.