View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Originally Posted by CaliButterfly View Post
IMO, with the 3-day partying of all of you, I highly doubt anyone is going to judge you for your behavior. They may have acted stupid too and you just don't remember. If you bring it up, you may find they are uncomfortable to talk about it and hope it is water under the bridge just as much as you. It would be highly unlikely that your new acquaintances would say anything, I mean, would you if they were in an alcohol-induced state and you were fairly coherent? The true you will be at that dinner, and they will see that. And if they do say anything, just laugh and tell them you don't remember a THING and you won't be doing THAT anytime soon (little do they know not at all). The best press is no press. Good luck!
Thanks @CaliButterfly, this seems to be a resounding opinion, that the others won’t have kept tabs as much as I think, if we were all under the influence.

I agree; my plan is to attend the dinner, gauge the others’ reactions and proceed according to the tone of the room. If no one mentions it, nor will I - I’ll just thank my lucky stars for the opportunity to move forward in my sobriety with a lesson firmly learned and internalized. Should it be referenced, I will be open in my apology but not get into specifics. I will be honest and say that I have a hazy memory of the latter part of the session but that I am aware I was messy and most likely talking sh1t, and that I apologize sincerely for anything I may have done or said, that I won’t be repeating this any time soon (EVER). I will be sober through the dinner, so hopefully they will get to see the real me as you say - and I have already made my plan for an early exit.

Thank you for taking the time to contribute and offer your advice and kind words.