Thread: Current mood
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sailorgirl57

Harperlee I am standing in your shoes right now. It has been 5 weeks for me. I hate this. I still love him and want him BUT I know he isn’t good for me in the long run and I need to take care of myself.

A great blog called BAGGAGE RECLAIM helps me immensely. It’s for women who love unavailable men. The author, Natalie Lue, has also written two great books: MR UNAVAILABLE AND THE FALLBACK GIRL and THE NO CONTACT RULE. Both of these have helped me immensely. Helped me to understand myself, why I love an alcoholic man, what underlying hurts and fears keep me clinging to him. Why this is hard and how I can make it easier.

A podcast I love is WIFE OF AN ALCOHOLIC. She keeps the focus on practical advice to everyday problems. I listen to it every week.

I go to Alanon once a week for the group fellowship. I see a counselor to talk about my “inner child” healing.

I have a morning ritual of coffee, spending time here, journaling, and meditation. Starts my day in a good vibe.

I’m doing Whole30 eating plan, eating very clean healthy foods and not eating crap. It’s helping my body so much!!

I was having a hard time sleeping, so I have a new bedtime ritual. Bath with epsom salts, cup of night night tea, and I take magnesium and melatonin. I’m sleeping better now, and that helps.

I still can’t motivate myself to exercise! I wish I could! I live in a rainforest and the constant rain makes my body lazy! Lol

Keep posting here. We all help each other!! Love and hugs, Sailor