View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clover71

Originally Posted by spedteach View Post
Don't beat yourself up. You are entitled to have a bad day or week. Things happen...this too shall pass.

How old is your son? If he's in middle school, he's definitely old enough to start taking some responsibility and making sure mom knows there is a concert BEFORE anyone leaves the house that morning!

Also- don't be so sure they don't know about dad's drinking...kids are super smart and know a lot more then we usually think!

Hang in there!
He is 11 and yes is in middle school. It's been a roug couple of months. I'm working full time now. I get him up before I leave for my new job. It's a new routine for all of us - me working full time. He was doing well and all of a sudden has fallen back asleep several times (I get these hysterical calls usually at work) and he's been suffering from headaches.

We also lived apart from dad for 9 months and moved. He is so intuitive and thinks too much like me. I don't know what he knows or is thinking. Eventually he tells me. We talk a lot mMy worry is that he gets resentful and stops taking