View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom791

Day 18 and no plan - HELP!

Hi everyone 😊
So I’m on day 18 sober now, which is great, but I’m starting to get conscious that I haven’t got a proper recovery plan in place.

I looked at AA and there are no daytime meetings in my area. I’m a single mum and can’t do evenings. I cannot take my daughter to a meeting either, for a variety of good reasons. 1.) she will tell her father who she sees every other weekend and he will start legal action or social services involvement to try to take her from me. 2.) I am a governor at her school in a tiny community and if she says anything at school, I will be dropped and my name will be mud, with her likely being bullied about it.

The online AA meetings I haven’t had any luck in finding, they seem to be based in Finland. I’m in UK.

I can’t access help through my GP as I’ve previously been diagnosed Bipolar type 1 and chuck alcoholism into that little bucket of ****, and again social services will be called. (Can I just stress there’s NEVER been any care issues with my child past or present.) I’m also unmedicated and they look pretty dimly on that too. (I couldn’t cope with the meds)

I joined “in the rooms” but can’t seem to find a UK online meeting.

I feel that this forum is great and I check in daily, however I am reminded a lot from reading that I need a program or plan of some sort to prevent relapse and stay sober long term, which is my goal.

Don’t know what to do I’m running out of options and ideas. Hope you guys can help! So far I’ve just been doing it alone, pure determination and that’s it, but feel it’s safer if I have more support long term. Thanks for reading.