Thread: Plod
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
mandypandy

Originally Posted by mandypandy View Post
nasty, bleak hospital room, begging for painkillers,
PS in the post above where I said in the hospital "begging for painkillers"..that was us, not him. He was so stoic he would make me want to head butt the wall preferring to suffer than to "bother" the nurses. Even when I did "bother" them, they took their time and were very careless. Could wait an hour for them to come and change a morphine drip that was bleeping because it had ran out. Some things were their fault and carelessness, some things not as they were severely understaffed and overworked (thank you government for taking care of NHS with all of our NI payments robbed off us over the years).

I'm glad that he ended his days, in a lovely room, equipped with a sofa bed (so people could stay overnight), recliner, fridge, big flat screen TV on the wall, cable, en suite bathroom, as many visitors as he wanted at a time and open visiting, any time day or night, a beautiful view out of his window of a lake with ducks, geese and moor hens (unfortunely..he was too ill to appreciate it, but the family did, instead of staring at bleak walls for hours).
The doctors wrote open prescriptions for any medications that could be needed and the nurses had it at their discretion to administer them, when needed. Even to the point that they could recognise whether someone who was unconscious was in pain or not by a furrowed brow!

Kids could visit, pets could visit. Every patient had 2 nurses each, and the nurses had 3 patients, and a doctor called twice a day to see if everything was going ok with medication. AND......14 bloody places