Thread: Plod
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
mandypandy

Mireille, thank you for your kind post, you have really touched me, almost brought me to tears myself

It's hard to talk about death or grieving in this society, as Kubler-Ross says once it was taken as part of life, something everyone was familiar with as they grew up, older relatives died at home, were laid out by their nearest and dearest, kids were allowed in on it all and allowed to see the grieving of grownups. So it was a natural part of life. Not so now. Everything packaged cleanly and nicely, swept under the carpet. The attitude of grown-ups of not "upsetting" the kids by letting them see them grieving the passing of someone they love. It's has become that if you talk about death and dying most people shy away, as they don't know how to react to death and grieving anymore

I'm really happy you are doing this Yeah, this world is harsh enough without losing your mother too young to something that could have been within her power to prevent. Daughters are like that, get under your skin, little buggers haha
Hope your day is good