Old 02-07-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
I have renewed some of my passions, one in particular, writing.

Writing was my life blood before alcoholism flattened every area of my life, most notably, my writing soul. Towards the end of my drinking career, I would sit with pen in hand, aching to write something, anything. But, no words came. I thought the part of me, where my words flowed from, was dead.

But, I am so happy to find, that in sobriety, that part of me is the opposite of dead! Now, I sit with pen in hand (who am I kidding....keyboard in hand ) and it is like a floodgate has opened!

I sobriety
I am a writer (albeit a technical one). I write articles on software engineering, and also on music theory.

You're right about the drink killing all desire. Well, the desire is there as you say but nothing comes out. All of my best and most popular work online was written when I was sober because writing drunk is impossible.

When I quit for 60 days I was writing quality articles and guides. I started gaining a lot of followers and attention. I was enjoying it so much and it gave me a huge confidence boost in my area of expertise. It could have led me down a new path in life. But, drink put a stop to that.

I've started drafting 3 new articles last night and I'm only day 3 into this. I feel like writing is the one thing that's going to keep me occupied at night.

(It's also possible to make an income from writing online too he he he)