Thread: Daily
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
59svj

Red face

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Hi 59 - My living situation is similar to yours. I'm a snowbird - living in a Florida retirement community about 8-9 months a year and in NY during the hot months. It seems my retirement community parties every day. Porch parties start in the afternoon and continue into the evening and that doesn't even include the functions. I would start drinking after one of my morning activities. I had too much to drink and couldn't do any of the afternoon activities. Eventually, I stopped wanting to do the things I loved (like golf) and stopped doing morning activities. I just stayed on my porch and drank. I became very isolated. I understand exactly what you're saying and feeling. Put the drink down. Start enjoying life. I began to think that I liked drinking more than golf or pickleball or any of formerly favorite activities. Start with a Day One. It will be initially tough, but as the days go by and you start to enjoy the nice weather Florida is beginning to have, you'll be glad you did. I'm rooting for you. Please do it!

Stay close to SR - it's a lifesaver!!!
That is amazing, do you live in my development in St Pete? Wow, you nailed it! I became so much worse since I've been here the last yr. Working at from home [alone] multiplies it. Thank you so much for your post. SR has helped so much already. I will be here. Tomorrow is a new day and I just can't get it off my mind. Scary for sure, but know I'll be a healthier and better person for it. Thank you so much!