View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Ladybird, independence now could be a wonderful affirming experience for him. As you wrote, he's probably much more capable than you think, and imagine how good it will be for his morale if he can cope on his own with support.

I'm sorry to hear you're unwell, and hope your lifestyle changes make a positive difference. When you've had time to sort everything out why not let us all know what you've changed.
I think it would be great for him to have a place he can call his own home and be able to do his own thing. Living with mama at his age can't be wonderful. I left home at 17. I could not have stood being with my parents a minute longer. I got a job and I was outta there.

I have renal failure. I had a nasty motorbike accident in my early 20's which was not my fault but my bike crushed my left kidney and I was left with only my right. It seems my right one wasn't that great either and its been struggling ever since. I've been close to a dialysis more times than I can count but I always seem to come back from it.

So health wise, I need to be very light...lighter than normal weight and it's hard cos I am not very tall too so I've got to get my weight down, eat plant based protein, not red meat and the doctor is changing my meds to see if he can "squeeze a few more years out of my kidney." It was at its best function when I did intermittent fasting but that's hard to keep up. Am bracing myself for one meal a day again tho cos I did feel better. Emotionally I am low. The doctor thinks I need to get out more and stop fretting. Easier said than done. I do feel abandoned at the moment cos my good friend is away in Asia and when he's back lambing season will be starting and my kids are so busy with final uni year they rarely visit. I also got conned...well kind of cos I knew in a way I was being conned, by a so called friend and that was hurtful. At least I can see when its happening now so that's progress.

In hard times the people who come through for me are always the ones I can count on as true friends and yet again someone reached out to me last night and cheered me no end and I did her so we agreed to have a regular meet up once a week once we are both better ( she had the flu). I think having one great friend is better than loads of acquaintances.