Thread: Resentment.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
GettingBy

I am giving myself a break and using my skills of detachment right now. Detachment is a valueable tool for me right now....
I really think that's the answer Splendra. It's not easy, at all, to be a person of unending forgiveness and compassion. I get so damn tired of being "understanding" of the situation, and it takes alot out of me. When that happens, I get angry and resentful... and that's a trigger to me that I need to step out of the situation for a little while. Give myself a break, even if just for 30 minutes or an hour... more time if I've really let the anger build up, ya know?

When we step out of the chaos, we are able to put our problems back in their true perspective.

Equus, my sponsor uses the expression "whirly-giggin'." When I get going around and around about all the what ifs, could haves, should haves, and what the hell do I do nows... she says my mind is whirly-giggin', like a pinwheel (did you ever have one as a child?)! The harder the wind blows the faster the pinwheel spins... so I need to take my mind out of the "wind", and slow the pinwheel back down.

When I put the focus back on me, I find that I calm down almost instantly.

Just a thought!
Shannon