Thread: Resentment.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

equus-

Sometimes I think the best thing to do is keep the focus on ourselves. I think a lot of times resentments form when myself calls out to me and I do not listen. I can't be everything for someone else.

My H just relaped and he spent a huge amount of money on dope. I am really pi$$ed @ him right now and he is mad at me for not covering some checks he wrote but I did not write them and I ain't gonna cover them. This is not right for me to try to own it is his stuff it is maddness for me to do that.

We had a pretty bad weekend because he wants me to take responsibility for him I told him to grow up...maybe it wasn't the sweetest thing for me to say but, he was laying it on pretty thick....

I feel a ton of compassion for him and I will support any effort he makes toward taking responsibility for his actions. I know he is sick but, I still think he has to want to get well more than I want him to. I am giving myself a break and using my skills of detachment right now. Detachment is a valueable tool for me right now....