View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MisterA

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The law school thing kinda sounds more like her idea than yours to me MisterA?

If I'm wrong, great but if I'm not...

I've done many things to try and impress a girl or 'get' her to like me.

None of it worked out long term.
D
Ya, I can see how it would seem that way. The truth is, after I graduated, I pretty much bounced from one bs job to the next. All my previous classmates were attending graduate schools and getting their masters and I felt like that was impossible for me because of my low GPA. I didn’t even bother looking at any graduate schools, I just assumed I was an automatic rejection. My dad is a heart surgeon and my mother is a doctor of internal medicine. I always felt like I screwed up.

Law school thing WAS her idea, primary because I never thought it was possible. Someone telling me I should look into law school was like someone telling me I should look into being an astronaut or something. I was under the mistaken impression that you had to have a 3+ GPA to even be considered for any of those schools. But I’ve always liked the idea of law. I like thinking about law. I can’t talk about law as much as I would want to because you have to be a lawyer to do that. Whenever I heard about one of my friends going to law school I always thought “I wish I had better grades...” but I never dwelt on it, because it seemed so far from reach. It was just something I could watch other people do, like watching sports players at a game or something. So when she gave me the idea that it was not actually impossible, it did open up a whole new perspective for me. And when I looked it up later and found out she was right, it was indeed not impossible, well damn. I’ve decided. I’ve already registered for the June LSAT anyway.

But although, it is true I do find myself trying to do things to impress her, all the damn time, even though I know for a fact it won’t work. In my experience, if a girl isn’t romantically interested in you, she will never be romantically interesting in you, and nothing you do can change that. And yet I do still find myself wanting to impress her. Pointless, I know.

But the law school thing isn’t one of things.

Edit: and thanks for all the other replies. They all helped.