View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Quite a lot of competition for my favourite quote from last night's reading of inspirational quotes. I really like this one...

'You can only lose something you have, you cannot lose something that you are.'

I like this because with continued sobriety, my life has become so good and I sometimes worry that I'm not worthy to have this incredible life and that everything is somehow going to be taken away from me. This quote reminds me that things can be taken away but being a mum, a wife, a friend, a sister and most importantly .... being sober, these things can never be taken from me.

The other quote I love is this one...

'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.'

From now on, every time I try to reverse park, work out how to use a new TV remote control (why so many buttons, why????) or try to build flat pack furniture I will remind myself I'm not stupid. I'm just a fish trying to climb a tree.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today and good luck Jo with sorting out all the tax stuff..... 24 more hours for me please xxxx
Brilliant, kenton!!! ❤️. Thank you!