View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Welcome CarpeDiem and congrats on one week.

I've started reading a book of inspirational quotes each night before I fall asleep. I wish I could remember them all but as I have the memory of a forgetful goldfish...'where are my keys? Where did mummy put her keys?' are the words my children hear every day, sometimes more than once a day.. ..so it's hard for me to remember all the words of wisdom but one quote that stuck in my mind last night was this one....

'The entire water of the sea can't sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you'

Think that struck a chord with me because I'm having to deal with some dubious characters from my past at the moment. They don't seem willing to accept that I've changed and are being fairly spiteful. I think they want a reaction. But I'm not giving them one and I'm refusing to allow their words and actions get me down. I'm sailing along quite happily on my sea of positivity....... now, if only I could find my keys

Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone. ... 24 more for me please xxxx
Hope keys are in hand.