View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jtmlk

Coming to the end of dry January

So im very pleased to tell you im on day 28 today and coming to the end of my dry January. Of course, i also realise that over the next few days I need to give serious thought to my future.
My AV says im cured and proved I havent got a problem, but I know otherwise. I always remember when i gave up for nearly six months a couple of years ago someone in the pub i knew well, and who is a huge drinker said to me -" see youve done it and proved there is no way you have a drink problem- " Of course the landlord of the pub who had lost about 3 to 4 thousand pounds in income from me agreed that there is no way I have any knd of problem. I said to them both " well maybe its because I have a drink problem that I have had to stop for all these months to which they both looked completely perplexed?
The thought of drinking 1 or 2 nights a week appeals to me however i have no doubt in my mind that history will repeat itself falling down that slippery slope and anyway ive started doing yoga agin 3 times a week which I love and my blood pressure is back to normal. Ive cut back on my anti-depressants for the first time in many years. Yes im suffering a little in other ways but Life is certainly better in many ways. ,Maybe a continuation of my current sobriety is called for.