View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jewelstar

[QUOTE=LostinLB;6763015]I have a similar story. I was with my ex for 11 years, he left me for someone in AA. It was kind of the same thing in that it came out of nowhere, a couple weeks before he had been so excited about us working through everything even though it would be hard and that we would come out better and stronger together, etc. Then he met someone else, didn't want to be with me any more and was moving on with his life. I was a risk to his sobriety, not the alcoholic/addict he was now seeing, obviously that was completely safe. I can still feel the pain of that moment deep inside me. I was devastated, that doesn't even come close to describing what I felt actually.

Lostinlb - I can Relate to so much of what you said unfortunately. I’m sorry you’ve been through that hell as well. I dont know how they sleep at night.
I have been journaling and it has helped tremendously. My therapist loves me so much she’s seeing me pro-bono since the RAH is watching my spending like a hawk just waiting for me to make him mad. It’s weird how the night is when it hits the worse. During the day I’m ok. Then at night the racing thoughts start coming in. Where is he? What are “they” doing? But when my head steps in I remember I dont deserve any of this treatment and I should be lucky he’s not my problem anymore. Thanks for your post 😘